1. Skin Deep by Environmental Working Group: make sure your beauty products are safe by scanning a product’s barcode or by browsing for a product by its name. Skin Deep rates products 1 – 10 depending on their ingredients and provides information about health hazard, UVA/UVB protection, sunscreen stability.
2. GoodGuide: you can browse for a product or you can scan a product’s barcode to find out how safe is a product you already use or want to purchase. Basically, it’s similar to Skin Deep. However, GoodGuide not only provides health hazard ratings, but also rates social and environmental impacts of a product.
3. Cruelty-Free by The Leaping Bunny: check for cruelty-free brands on the go! A simple and easy to use app.
4. Calm: meditation, relaxation and mindfulness app, which helps you stay focused and achieve more clarity, joy and peace of mind.
5. Sleep Time: this app with an integrated alarm, analyzes your sleep cycles.
6. 100+ Smoothie Recipes: if you are a smoothie monster, you might have already done these recipes a thousand times. But it’s a great introduction for beginners!
7. Period Tracker Lite: a must-have app for every woman. Not only you can track your period, but also fertile days and ovulation. Additionally, you can note your moods and symptoms.
8. Daily Yoga: I would only recommend this app in case you don’t have a better source with you, like youtube or yoga DVD. However, there are times when you don’t have such a luxury and have to use what you have. Also, this app is great for beginners to get acquainted with yoga poses and simple yoga routines.
What are your favorite mobile health & beauty apps?