Nothing makes my heart beat faster than a real lavender scent somewhere near me! But despite my own personal love for it, I have to point out that also how useful and multipurpose lavender can be. You can use it for:
Aromatherapy – it has the ability to relax, relieve, and calm your mind AND body;
Disinfection and pain relief – it’s the number one treatment for mosquito bites, itching, and small cut wounds;
Better sleep – a regular cup of lavender tea can help you fight insomnia. Just make sure the tea is pure lavender or at least a mix of herbals (i.e. chamomile & lavender), not an addition to green or black tea;
Strengthening hair – when it comes to combating hair loss, this herb stands right next to rosemary oil;
For skin – known for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic benefits, it’s excellent for treating acne or dry skin.
Here’s a great list of lavender-scented products that are a must-try for every lavender-cholic:
1. Pharmaca Lavender Essential Oil: or any lavender essential oil, for that matter! Use it for aromatherapy, mix it with your shampoo to strengthen the hair (2-3 drops every time you wash your hair; can be used daily).
2. Mendill Organic Lavender Towelettes: it’s like a more handy version of a bottled essential oil. The main benefit of these towelettes is that you can take them everywhere with you. Packed in separate small packages to fit perfectly in your bag or a wallet.
3. Dr. Hauschka Lavender Bath: every time I take off the lid of this lavender bath oil, I feel a massive wave of pleasure coming my way, no kidding! It’s just so good. You only need 1 – 2 teaspoons to make your bath the lavender heaven. However, since I’ve moved, I’m forced to use a shower, so it changed the way I use this product. Instead of using it as a bath oil, I sometimes rub it over my body after a shower.
4. Dr. Bronner’s All-One-Hemp Lavender Pure Castile Soap: I’m usually not very keen on using soaps instead of shower gels or face cleansers, and Dr. Bronner suggests their products should be used exactly for these purposes. I’ve tried this soap a few times and, yes, I was right – it’s just too drying for my skin. BUT I love it as a hand soap (nondrying for my hands, which is great!). The scent is very gentle and pleasant, too.
5. John Masters Organics Lavender & Avocado Intense Conditioner : I did a short review of this product a while ago, so I’m not going to say much more about it, except that I liked it a lot and it’s so worth to be on this list.
Have a great week!