With 2016 over, I wanted to do sort of a recap of a few beauty products I reviewed this past year. All of them left an unforgettable impression, however, some of these impressions were good and some of them, unfortunately, were bad. At first, I thought it’s going to be hard to compile these lists, but, to my own surprise, it took me a few minutes to remember all the products I liked or disliked. So, without further ado, here are the ones that became my absolute heroes and the ones that, despite looking promising, were disappointing:
Favorites of 2016:
I have reviewed many wonderful organic and natural beauty products in 2016, but these are the ones that stole my heart by making the biggest impression:
- Love Lula Beauty Box – after finding out about Petit Vour monthly subscription beauty box in 2015, I thought nothing could impress me more. Well, Love Lula really stepped their game in 2016 by making their monthly beauty box probably the most loved organic subscription box in the UK and the rest of Europe.
- Ere Perez Natural Makeup – especially the Versatile Vanilla Highlighter in Falling Star and Waterproof Almond Mascara. These two are just too good not to mention.
- Maya Chia The Supercouple Facial Oil Serum – the best serum oil not only of 2016, but of all time. This luxurious product seriously transformed and bettered my skin with its nourishing, protective, and hydrating properties.
- Little Ondine Water Based Peelable Nail Polish – these vegan polishes were called revolutionary for a reason. Despite being short-lasting, there are enough other reasons to love them: odor-free, colorful, and safe and easy to use. Best part? You don’t need a nail polish remover, just peel them off without doing any harm to your nails.
- Lavera Organic Illuminating Eye Cream – eye creams are one of the hardest products to review, because most of them are made for prevention. You can describe the packaging, consistency, and some overall opinions, but that’s it. This product, however, is different. The Illuminating Eye Cream noticeably lightens and moisturizes under-eye area by giving a subtle pearly shimmer.
- Lucky Cloud Sweet Orange Vanilla Body Balm – if you’re looking to buy one bodycare product in 2017, it has to be Sweet Orange & Vanilla Body Balm by Lucky Cloud. Everything about it is perfect: scent, packaging, ingredients, and consistency. It’s highly moisturizing and leaves my skin looking radiant and healthy.
The most disappointing products of 2016:
Whatever I decide to call these products, “the worst” or “the most disappointing”, it doesn’t change the fact that these three beauty products that I’ve tried in 2016 and which, despite high expectations, left me confused and disheartened:
- Physician’s Formula ArganWear Primer – I usually like Physician’s Formula products, but buying this primer was the biggest fail of the year. The spray bottle is adorable and convenient, but that’s all the good I can say about this product. Along with strong alcohol scent, the product is also too irritating and too drying for any skin type (I asked two of my friends to test it for me, so none of the skin types (dry, normal or oily) liked it).
- Live Clean Exotic Silk Hair Serum – too greasy. Period.
- Scratch Mommy Handmade Makeup: I’m not happy to be giving such a low rating to Scratch Mommy, but fair is fair. Both of the products that I’ve tried from this brand left a poor impression: cream foundation had visible black beads/pellets and powder was extremely drying and cakey.
Have you tried any of the products mentioned in this post? Are they your best or worst?