Giving gifts is my favorite thing to do. It’s just something about that moment when a person is about to open this box you carefully picked only for him or her, before the mystery ends. This is actually how I feel every time I receive a beauty box. Have you ever wondered why so many of us subscribe to beauty boxes and pay money in advance without actually knowing what we’d get? I mean, we know it will be something beauty related, but that’s it. Lately, I’ve been thinking about the popularity of beauty boxes and came up with three reasons:
- a possibility to try new things: although, I try to live as minimalist as I can, I crave new things, especially if they’re beauty related. Beauty boxes satisfy my curiosity without spending all my work lunch money on beauty products;
- a possibility to try a product before committing to full size: do you remember that time when you bought something that really looked like something your skin would love and it turned out to be a disappointment? Any product might suck, but it sucks less if this is a sample you won’t have to ever see again. And if it’s good, you know you can invest.
- and, at least for me, that excitement in revealing the mystery content: you can pick and buy things or you can treat yourself to some little secret gift each month.
I’ve reviewed a few natural and organic beauty boxes in the past, but it’s the first time I have LoveLula Beauty Boxes* on the blog. LoveLula kindly sent me two of their boxes: September 2016 and October 2016. You have probably already seen them on other blogs after the boxes came out, but I still wanted to review them so you could compare them side to side.
LOVELULA SEPTEMBER BEAUTY BOX
Included in this box:
- MADARA AHA BRIGHTENING PEEL MASK (12.5 ml)
Most of Madara’s (and its sister brand Mossa) products leave good impression on me, so it will be very exciting to see if this AHA Peel Mask will live up to the expectations. It’s not recommended for hyper sensitive skin, but mine was acting pretty good lately, so I’ll give this one a try soon.
- BALM BALM ROSE FLORAL WATER HYDROSOL (30 ml)
Hydrosols are the best toners for any skin type and condition. Due to its astringent properties, rose water is known for firming and actually soothing the skin, so very handy to have around.
- OOH! OILS OF HEAVEN BAOBAB OIL (30 ml)
I’ve seen many raves about this oil from other bloggers on Instagram. It does promise to rejuvenate the skin without clogging the pores, so based on this description I can understand why it’s loved.
- FOM LONDON HYDRA PLUMP SERUM (10 ml)
Anything with a word “hydra” or “hydration” instantly has my full attention and my heart. I have yet to try this serum, but I sense it might be really good.
- MADARA MICELLAR WATER + KIMBERLY SAYER (sample sachets)
Overall, the September Beauty Box is focusing completely on skincare with luxurious treatments promising to rejuvenate and hydrate skin. Very thoughtful, Lovelula! Especially, with cold season around the corner.
LOVELULA OCTOBER BEAUTY BOX
Includes the following:
- REN FLASH HYDRO-BOOST EMULSION (10 ml)
Described as an instant plumping emulsion for all skin types. I have already tested it last night and my first impressions of this emulsion are that it’s creamy and leaves my skin feeling smooth and satin. I’ll comment on it more after a longer use.
- PHB ROSEHIP & LEMONGRASS NATURAL SOAP (1 bar)
Free of palm oil, handmade, and completely natural soap bar for hands and body.
- BON NATURAL PURE TISSUE OIL (5 ml)
This is an intensive treatment for scars, stretch marks, deep wrinkles and overall dry skin.
- JOHN MASTERS ORGANICS LIP CALM BALM (4 g)
I always get mixed feelings with this product, because its strong citrus scent feels refreshing than calming, but I guess the name (Lip Calm) isn’t about the scent but what benefits this product provides. John Masters Organics is famous for its high-quality ingredients and effective products, so this intensely moisturizing and protecting lip balm is a nice addition to the box.
- BAREFOOT SOS NOURISHING CLEANSING CREAM (125 ml)
All-natural cleansing cream with rosehip oil. As you know, I’m a big fan of rosehip oil in any form and shape. I feel that it gives my skin the most glow and hydration comparing to other oils, so I’m extremely excited to try this cleansing cream after I finish my current one.
As you can see, the October Beauty Box contains slightly different items than the September Beauty Box. It offers a mix of skincare, bodycare and lip care products/samples, so a lot more variety.
LoveLula monthy subscription beauty box is available here with free worldwide delivery.
Have you tried LoveLula Beauty Boxes? Which box of the two mentioned looks the most exciting to you?