We all have moments when stress takes over and makes your day (or even the whole week) hard. If you are feeling emotionally exhausted and drained, then it might be time to call it a day and have some “you” time to sort things out.
Seven easy ways to reboot yourself and get back on track:
1. Read a book – this is my number one stress reliever. Choose something that easy to read, positive, inspirational, and requires little concentration. Audiobooks are perfect, too!
2. Have a cup of chamomile tea – chamomile tea plays a role in changing your mood and helping you feel less depressed, so it is a nice way to calm and rest your mind.
3. Sniff your favorite flowers – our sense of smell is directly linked to the emotional part of our brain, so it is a powerful tool that brings back pleasant memories making us feel better and happier.
4. Exercise – it might seem like a crazy idea to go for a run after you just literally dragged your feet home after a long day. However, exercising releases endorphins to our brain, making us feel more awake, alert and simply happy and excited. Another less extreme option is walking or yoga.
5. Have a home SPA day – treat yourself to a nice relaxing bath, a soothing face mask, and a mani-pedi. Don’t have the whole day? An hour will do, just make sure you turn off your phone and relax. If you feel like having a company, invite your closest friend. Nothing lifts the mood like surrounding yourself with people who make you feel good.
6. Talk to a friend – knowing that someone cares is very comforting. If you don’t want to share your feelings, talk about small things like weather or shopping, whatever would take your mind of a stressful day.
7. Remind yourself that it’s OK to have bad days – no matter how cliché it sounds, there are good days and bad ones. That’s life! It will get better, no matter what.
How do you get through hard days?